Sunday 6 December 2015

So long, farewell....

It almost feels like the beginning of a race. Exiting the door this morning with my gear, I was gripped with the excitement of adventure and possibilities. My Merrells by my side, I now anxiously await my first destination at the airport.

The journey to the beginning of the earth (aka the beginning of my round the world trip aka Pearson Airport) has been a rollercoaster of emotions.

Take Tuesday this week -

At one point in the day, I was grabbing a bus from one end of the city to other at a moment's notice to get my doctor's okay for a cruise to Antarctica.

Later, I was on multiple calls at the same time while scanning multiple forms to multiple companies to book multiple tickets. Key word - guess - multiple!

And, who says multitasking is not possible! I have managed to work while walking, eating, talking, thinking, and writing (I am sure I am missing some activities in this list).

What about the amount of spring cleaning. Yes I know it is winter!

No space on my phone - remove half a dozen apps that I haven't used, replace it with other apps that I may use, and continue this process until I have the perfect combination of apps for travel!

No space in my bag - prioritize each of my carry-ons to determine which ones are most essential. End result - A few pairs of clothes and gear that must cover all cultures, activities, and weather globally.

Limited money - break up with some activities, tours, and accommodation styles and form relationships with new, cheaper ones. 

It has been a few months of multiples and decimals, but relationships are key

The coworkers who encourage you and live your energy - so infectious

Family who bring you food or give you a hug when you need it most - priceless

Friends who tell you they will miss you while you are away - love you

My year away will be a journey of many more multiples, decimals, and relationships and as I leave behind my work and begin my travel, I begin to bid adieu to Toronto, to Ontario, and to Canada, the home of the compassionate, kind, and caring.



I love you all. And with every blog I hope to see your comments below and on my Facebook and LinkedIn groups (One Woman Empowered)!

9 comments:

  1. All the Best,
    Went backpacking to Peru 2 weeks ago and it was magical. No plans just a destination.

    Roshan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought a tear to my eye. I can't believe the day has finally arrived.

    Beautiful family pics :)

    Yes Canadians, for the most part are caring and compassionate, and I'm certain you will meet more caring and compassionate people as you embark on your journey to becoming even more empowered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of Luck Asma !!! Hope you have a wonderful trip !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wherever you are, be safe, eat well, keep yourself hydrated and enjoy each and every moment of your trip!
    Lots of love

    Vivek :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck Asma!!! May Allah bless you with good health...vigility and much needed fervour to complete your remarkable endeavor!
    Stay safe.
    fatema.

    ReplyDelete