Tuesday 8 December 2015

The Bloggist Attitude

One full day after leaving Toronto, I am now in Chile by the mountains. Still in the airport and waiting for the next (aka third) flight, I am appreciating the quiet and solitude, save for a Spanish soap that is playing in the background.



It has been an eventful day.

Yesterday my second flight of three was delayed until 3am the next morning! My Bloggist Attitude kicked in - I was excited because I felt my next blog had written itself!

As I lugged heavy carry-ons through an airport and headed to the Radison Hotel, I rethought my Bloggist Attitude.

But there is always an up side - hot food, hot shower, and a warm bed for 2 hours. Plus, I now had tiny table tennis size biceps that should be golf ball size by the end of the year!

This is what I appreciate about travel. It pushes you to live up to your potential even when you are tired. It gives you opportunities to meet amazing people. And it teaches you about the world in a way that you would never learn from the news.

Amazing new people?

Yup! Meet my fellow travellers - hagglers, intellectuals, and caring individuals.


A few hours later and back at the airport, we haggled to find out how many pastries we can buy if we combine all our food vouchers together! Success - guess how many? ;)


We talked about books, diction, and English literature. I learned about the standard of living in Chile, and I was informed about the state of politics in Chile and Argentina. Left versus right, the skewed average income, and the need to balance economics and human rights.

And, the finale? A group photo - lol. You asked for photos, I give you selfies!



Where am I?

I am now at an airport by the mountains and waiting for my next flight.

Thoughts through my head - this is serene; should I ship my luggage around the world (forget building biceps); and when will I have access to WiFi again so I can post my blog and work on my passion project.

Next stop - Punta Arenas and Antarctica!

Blog pending ;)


Leave a comment below if you would like to encourage me as I push on or if you want to read about anything particular! And don't forget to share this blog far and wide. I just may run into someone you know!

4 comments:

  1. Go Asma go!!! Looks like you met some lovely people.

    As for golf sized biceps, strive for tennis balls.

    Awaiting your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the craziest cousin I have. And I love you for it. Make the most of it.
    Tasneem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asma we are very proud of your bravery and self confidence to take on this major endeavor. I am a little jealous too as you are living my dream. Best of luck and keep blogging.

    Rashida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Asma, Enjoy your Travels and keep writing...v r actively following up your write ups...

    ReplyDelete